NORTH PROVIDENCE POLICE DEPARTMENT
The North Providence Police Department is currently accepting applications to develop a list of eligible candidates for future employment as a Probationary Police Officer. All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 21 years of age;
· Must possess a High School Diploma or GED;
· Must possess a valid driver’s license;
· Must complete and pass other applicable requirements as set forth in the recruitment process;
· Must not have any tattoos or other body art which is visible in uniform. The use of a flesh colored sleeve will be acceptable to conceal any tattoos that are visible from the upper arm to the wrist bone. Tattoos cannot be located on the head, face, neck above the crew neck tee shirt line, wrists, hands, fingers or on the inside of the eyelid, mouth or ears. Tattoos considered offensive by the Department will not be permitted, including but not limited to, extremist tattoos, indecent tattoos, sexist tattoos or racist tattoos.
Starting salary for the position of Patrol Officer is $57,584.24, with a top step of $66,807.47 after five (5) years of service, and a comprehensive benefit package is offered. Officers are eligible to collect a pension after twenty (20) years of service. Any person who has previously applied with the Department must reapply. Application cards may be obtained at the North Providence Police Department, 1835 Mineral Spring Avenue, North Providence, RI, or online at nppolice.com, and must be returned, in person, to the Department no later than 3:00 p.m., January 8, 2021.
The North Providence Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer