Boylston Regional Police Academy Director – (190002B3)
The mission of the Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) is to set training standards for and deliver training to all municipal, University of Massachusetts, and environmental police officers in the Commonwealth, including recruit, professional development (in-service), and specialized training to full-time and reserve police officers.
The Boylston Regional Police Academy Director is directly responsible for overseeing the operation of an MPTC training facility and for facilitating and delivering safe, efficient and timely training to meet the needs of the regional constituents while operating within the guidelines and policies of the agency and the state systems.
1. Oversee and manage the operation and administration of the Boylston Regional Police Academy.
2. Direct and administer the basic recruit program.
3. Direct support staff and instructors in preparation and delivery of training programs and monitoring/evaluating instructor performance.
4. Manage the administrative support function related to all academy operations, including but not limited to correspondence, meetings, preparation of instructor contracts and invoices, consistent with agency policy and procedures.
5. Attend area police and advisory group meetings in an effort to determine regional training needs and maintain close working relations with the community and to promote and gain support.
6. Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the academy facility.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) four (4) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, professional internship, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
II. An Associate’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
III. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
IV. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required experience.
V. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Administrator IV
: United States-Massachusetts-West Boylston- 221 Main Street
: Administrative Services
: Municipal Police Training Committee
: Apr 23, 2019, 6:34:57 AM
Number of Openings
: 35,247.68 – 96,989.09 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Denise Sarro – 617-595-7614
Bargaining Unit: M99-Managers (EXE)